Linhill Celtic focuses on developing football in the Southern Johannesburg area.
We have a proud community heritage, with proven training methods.
The Linhill Celtic Football Club aspires to be an outstanding educational-athletic organization that provides a high-quality experience for every athlete.
A high-quality experience is one in which every athlete is coached using the principals of Positive Coaching, has fun playing the game, feels like an important part of the team regardless of performance, learns “life lessons” that have value beyond the playing field, and Learns the skills, tactics and strategies of the game and improves as a player.
Linhill Celtic Football Club is committed to:
- Promoting and facilitating the development of football through our infrastructure and training programmes.
- Pro-active engagement and dialogue with players, parents, coaches and associations.
- The creation of an innovative, progressive and professional image, which is stable and well managed.
- Contribute to the ascendancy of football in the area, and greater SLFA region, and strive to be the leader in the district.
- Provide well-organized soccer recreation appropriately structured to accommodate any level of play equivalent with our players individual ability, potential, and interest.
- Promote a positive youth sports culture that teaches life lessons and “Honour’s the Game” for all players in the areas local to Linmeyer and The Hill.
- Provide youth with organized competition in a safe environment
- Bring our youth closer together through common interest in sportsmanship and competition
- Instill the values of education
- Acquaint the players with the fundamentals of the game rules
- Teach sportsmanship, discipline and love of the game
- Encourage the players to maintain satisfactory grades in school and to emphasis the importance of keeping a proper relationship and balance between scholastic and athletic endeavors.